What do I do if my child knocks out his or her tooth?

Make sure your child does not have a more serious injury. Remember to call 911 for help if necessary. For a knocked-out permanent or "adult" tooth, keep it moist at all times by placing it in a container or in milk, or use a tooth preservation product that has the American Dental Association (ADA) Seal of Acceptance. Then, get to your dentist’s office right away. A primary (baby tooth) does not need to be moistened but, if possible, it should be found to bring to the dentist. See First Aid for a Knocked-Out Permanent Tooth for more information. 

What if my child cracks a tooth?

For a cracked tooth, immediately rinse the mouth with warm water to clean the area. Put cold compresses on the face to keep any swelling down. See your child’s dentist as soon as possible.


Popular posts from this blog

Dental Fillings

How to get a beautiful and healthy smile .

Dental amalgam